hiking the AT

Discussions on Ivy League topics that affect all men's and women's sports, football, basketball, hockey, lacrosse, baseball, softball, wrestling....
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
holtsledge

hiking the AT

Postby holtsledge » Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:14 am

I am trying to start a movement to get the sports editor of the Etna Examiner to fulfill his lifetime goal of hiking the Appalachian Trail next year perhaps with his daughter. Won't you all join in and make him an offer he can't refuse

gags

Re: hiking the AT

Postby gags » Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:59 am

As a loyal reader of the Etna Examiner, count me in. Realistically, he could refuse what I could offer. But, together with others we might get to the "unrefuseable" level.

Daytripper

Postby Daytripper » Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:30 pm

I hiked about 250 miles of the southern leg. It was an incredible experience, but not for the faint of heart. He should at least try it or he will regret it the rest of his life.
I would've gone Ivy but I couldn't get a Whataburger.

Green Alert Guy

Postby Green Alert Guy » Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:02 am

Like swallows to Capistrano, thru-hikers are starting to arrive in the Upper Valley. On our afternoon hikes on the AT over the past few days Griff the Wonder Dog and I met a 70-ish Englishman despondent over Brexit, a young woman from Washington State, a fellow from Massachusetts and another from North Carolina, all heading from Georgia to Maine. Over the next month-plus we'll meet 2-3-4 hikers almost every time we hike up Moose Mountain and come down the AT behind our house. It's always fun when they are from Pennsylvania and we talk a little Happy Valley football ;-)

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Ivy League Conference Forum”