Sattelite Camps - FCS World

Discussions on general NCAA topics that affect all men's and women's sports, football, basketball, hockey, lacrosse, baseball, softball, wrestling....
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
lfnadmin
Site Admin

Sattelite Camps - FCS World

Postby lfnadmin » Fri Jun 17, 2016 2:18 pm

Recently, Fordham coach Joe Moorhead accepted a coordinator position at Penn State. One of the interesting legacies of this move is that now Penn State and Fordham are sharing a sattelite camp:

http://www.pennlive.com/pennstatefootba ... sat.html#0

Even though some teams don't like them, something like this could be a real game-changer for an FCS program and an FBS program. Aside from the fat that the Big 10 isn't supposedly allowed to play FCS teams (to be overturned, I think, in the next year, probably), could camps like that be the future?

In the past the camps have gone the other way - i.e. Lehigh coaches have gone to Penn State camps to scout out players. Interesting to me that the reverse seems to be happening now.

Daytripper

Re: Sattelite Camps - FCS World

Postby Daytripper » Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:53 am

Since K.C. Keeler became coach at SHSU, we have become involved in the these satellite camps with FBS schools. One of our top RB recruits came out of a camp. Not sure how beneficial it is for the FBS schools because of the lack of truly elite undiscovered talent, but FCS schools can surely benefit.

I would've gone Ivy but I couldn't get a Whataburger.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “General NCAA Topics”