Preseason predictions

RichH

Preseason predictions

Postby RichH » Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:12 am

Herosports came out with theirs. Went chalk with Gate and Fordham and the rest of us have no D. IMO ,they over emphasize Gate's 6-0 in PL. It was not a cakewalk promenade. Not a team in PL had a consistently good D. Key this season who comes up with a D. All but GU,BU and LC return very good Os.
Lindy's came out this week. I'll try to find it. Surprised if any are much different. Better make out own predictions.
1 Fordham Best O skills at QB and RB. Atrocious but very yound D last year.
2. Colgate-Lehigh Gate has Melville and an excellent OL,solud at other skills postions with a very inconsistent D.
Lehigh likely best overall O very good skilks at QB RB and WR, excellent OL. The worst D in PL. Also very young with a new D scheme last year.
3HolyvCroolss-Bucknell. Probably best D overall. Can Susan find points. Nitti at QB solid but not a difference maker.
Cross has Pujols and good skills at RB and WR decent OL. D has some good players on each level but mostbof their best atletes and speed are underclassmen. Depth a question mark
4 Lafayette. The wild card. Ravaged everywhere with injuries last season. Healthy they will have a good solid D. O has some good skills at WR. OLreturns a lot but may not be a plus.An underperforming unit for years. Reed has been disappointingly unproductive. Can he find his first year zest?
5. GU. Lost most of their points from last year. As usual Hoyas look to have very good skills talent on both sides of the line. Some decent sixe and speed but absolutely no depth.

navy68

Re: Preseason predictions

Postby navy68 » Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:08 pm

I'll be happy to welcome Fordham and the ghosts of the seven blocks of granite to Navy Marine Corps Memorial Stadium next season.

Some great old time tradition up there in the Bronx. I remember getting a book on college football for a birthday when I was in my early teens.... Read all about the great Fordham teams of the 30's ... the three scoreless ties with Pitts... the seven blocks of granite (one of whom was Vince Lombardi) ... and all that old time football lore. I ate it all up. I can even come close to spelling Alex Wojciechowizc's last name correctly without looking it up.... lol ... Sleepy Jim Crowley.. one of ND's Four Horsemen was their head coach. Great stuff.

Go...'gate

Postby Go...'gate » Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:16 pm

I worry a bit about a slow start by Colgate, especially given the 10-game schedule.

RichH

Postby RichH » Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:37 pm

Navy
My Dad played on those teams. Backup G. Enjoyed his stories if those days. Rams will give your guys a game. Dont know whether they can stop your O but they will score points.
Gate Slow start last year worked out pretty well for Gate. :D. 6-0 in PL but a lot of squeakers. Dont think you'll pull that off again. Lehigh has both you and Rams at home. Our 2 PL losses last year. Not this year.

lfnadmin
Site Admin

Postby lfnadmin » Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:09 am

I predict carney will still be curmudgeony, Rich will out-post me, and I might write one good blog post this year. :lol:

toddcudd

Postby toddcudd » Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:28 am

Craig Haley linked Athlon Sports' projected FCS playoff teams this morning. Picking 'gate as PL winner, no at-large bids.

lfnadmin
Site Admin

Postby lfnadmin » Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:05 pm

RichH

Postby RichH » Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:44 am

:shock: Unanimous thus far for Gate. Of the projected top 3, Gate likely the best D and the 3rd best O. Best D does not equate here to a great D. Nor does aathird best O mean a bad O.
:roll: If Bison find an O their D doyld roll them to title.Cross a one trick pony on O behind Pujols. Damn good pony tho. Depth on D ??? Pards are anticipating a big resurgence from last year. Title contender? Doubtful. Spoiler? Assuredly.

carney2

Postby carney2 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 1:07 pm

The curmudgeon has been "banned" from the Lafayette board and will have to settle for conversation here with you low lifes.
Prediction No. 1: Lafayette will be better than last year (2-9 is a 100% improvement, so not going far out on a limb there), and will be way better than most folks on this board are expecting. In the hunt? Ehhhh ... probably not.

RichH

Postby RichH » Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:17 pm

Glad to have you here. Pard Board loss. The Positive Post Only police do seem to be roving around over there.Rose colored glasses dont change results. Think Pards will be close to 500, if Reed can get back to form.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Patriot League Football”