New Release from Audible: "Football: The Ivy League Origins of an American Obsession"

Discussions on Ivy League topics that affect all men's and women's sports, football, basketball, hockey, lacrosse, baseball, softball, wrestling....
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
HearKyleTait

New Release from Audible: "Football: The Ivy League Origins of an American Obsession"

Postby HearKyleTait » Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:09 pm

Hello! I'm a voiceover artist and audiobook narrator, and I thought this might be an appropriate place to post my latest work, "Football: The Ivy League Origins of an American Obsession" by Mark F. Bernstein.

http://www.audible.com/pd/History/Footb ... 367&sr=1-1

It's a wonderfully thorough look into the earliest days of the game, and how modern football still bears the Ivy imprint.

I hope you'll check it out, and if you'd like to help me promote the audio version on social media and with Ivy friends, I'll gladly provide a free download code in return.

A bit more on the book:
From the day Princeton played the first intercollegiate game in 1869, the Ivy League shaped football as we know it today. Ever wonder why touchdowns are worth an arbitrary six points? Why a field goal is worth three? How did fight songs become a part of the game, and who wrote the earliest ones? And where did the term "line of scrimmage" come from? It all emerged from the Ivy League. In this new release from Audible, enjoy a journey back in time, as Mark F Bernstein writes and Kyle Tait brings to life the history behind the sport that dominates our Autumn weekends.

Green Alert Guy

Re: New Release from Audible: "Football: The Ivy League Origins of an American Obsession"

Postby Green Alert Guy » Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:13 am

Win a copy by entering the contest on the BGA site:

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Ivy League Conference Forum”