Week Seven Grades

Discussions on Ivy League topics that affect all men's and women's sports, football, basketball, hockey, lacrosse, baseball, softball, wrestling....
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
metrolax

Week Seven Grades

Postby metrolax » Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:13 pm

Well....Eli got a nice road win on Friday night. Any thoughts?

lfnadmin
Site Admin

Re: Week Seven Grades

Postby lfnadmin » Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:09 pm

Anyone that can figure out this year's Ivy League is a better person than me. I've gone from bearish to bullish to bearish on Dartmouth, bullish to bearish to ??? on Yale. Should be proud of picking Penn, Harvard and Princeton as decent teams but honestly it feels like anyone could take it. I think the team that's surprised me the most in Princeton. When they played Lehigh, they looked outclassed, but they've done very well against the rest of the league.

bulldog10jw

Re: Week Seven Grades

Postby bulldog10jw » Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:25 pm

Even when Yale was up 31-0, it seemed like Columbia had handed them the game.

The only way Yale can win another game this year, IMO, is to run the ball and dominate the clock.
Their best passer is a untested freshman who did a decent job last week, but we do not know if he can be consistent.
Their best rushing QB can't throw. Wildcat maybe?

The defense can be good against the run, but there is no pass rush and a porous secondary. The offense must control the ball (and score TD's) for Yale to have a shot.

Offense - C
Defense - B first 3 quarters, F last quarter
Special teams - B+ (kicking game was good)

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Ivy League Conference Forum”