Yale 2016 schedule

Discussions on Ivy League topics that affect all men's and women's sports, football, basketball, hockey, lacrosse, baseball, softball, wrestling....
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
bulldog10jw

Yale 2016 schedule

Postby bulldog10jw » Mon Aug 15, 2016 3:05 pm

Two of the five TV contests are Friday night league games. On Oct. 21, the first true night game at Yale Bowl takes place with Penn in town for an NBC Sports Network broadcast. The Blue hosted Harvard last November in a 2:30 game that featured darkness in the second half and a spectacularly lit Bowl.

bulldog10jw

Re: Yale 2016 schedule

Postby bulldog10jw » Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:44 pm

When Yale entertains Pennsylvania at home on the night of October 21st, it will mark two departures from the storied history of the Yale Bowl.

The more publicized departure is that it will be the first game in that concrete saucer to be played exclusively at night. Kick-off will be at 7 PM to accommodate an Ivy League TV package. Last year, for the same reason, the Harvard game had a late afternoon start, and by the time the sun set, around 4:40, portable lights took over illuminating the field.

In addition, there is another unique aspect to when this game will be played.

The date of October 21, 2016, comes out on a Friday, hardly a day for a Yale Bowl contest to take place. In fact, only once before (excluding a few freshman games) have the Bulldogs competed on the Bowl’s turf on a Friday. That covers a period of 102 years.

Daytripper

Postby Daytripper » Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:45 pm

Just for fun, I went to the Yale ticket website. I was curious about season ticket prices. $80 for reserved season tickets!!!! $80!!!! That is unbelievably awesome!
I would've gone Ivy but I couldn't get a Whataburger.

Go Green

Postby Go Green » Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:49 pm

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Ivy League Conference Forum”